Updated: Jun 13, 2018
Meatless Monday is a great way to start reducing the intake of animal products. It is also an opportunity to play around with new recipes and discover that plant based eating is more than just salads.
In our house every Monday is meatless, but today I tried a new recipe. As always, I changed it up a bit. It was really fast and simple to make.
Fried Rice Quiona
You will need:
I always buy everything organic
1 1/2 cups of Quinoa
2 1/2 cups water
Veggies: you can use fresh, but I used frozen to save time of cleaning and chopping. I used 2 10 oz. bags of Cascadian Farms Organic or Whole Foods 365 brand. I used one Chinese-style stir-fry blend and one Thai-style stir-fry blend.
Soy sauce or Liquid Aminos
1. Place the quinoa in a large pot and add water.
2. Place veggies in pot with the quinoa.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Stir and turn down to a simmer
5. Add seasonings and soy sauce
6. Cover and simmer on low for 20 minutes
7. Stir and adjust seasoning as needed
8. Optional- add crumbled tofu to resemble scrambled egg
9. Serve while warm.